Scotland Rugby League affirms its commitment to the equal treatment of all and will not tolerate discrimination on the grounds of age, ethnic origin, gender, gender reassignment, disability including, physical impairment, learning needs, mental health status or sensory impairment, class or social background, religion/belief, sexual orientation, marital or family status, pregnancy or political persuasion or trade union membership or by any other condition or requirement which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
The Key principles of the Equality Policy are:
- Governance and management ‘best practice’ has been recognised within the achievement of the Equality Foundation level in March 2018
- Communicate widely our commitment to Equality;
- Monitor and measure our progress within our Equality work and publicise through website and other communication channels achievements;
- Working towards Equality Preliminary level 2018-19;
- A commitment to the principles of equal opportunities and to ensuring that the culture, philosophy and processes within rugby league in Scotland are free from bias and discrimination;
- To recognise the expertise, abilities and needs of every individual and by acknowledging the right to dignity and respect of every human being.
Scotland Rugby League
– will provide information and updates in relation to any changes in legislation or policy changes by the governing body that could impact on the policies and practices of member clubs.
- Will ensure all players, match officials, coaches, staff, paid or volunteers are aware of this policy
- Will take appropriate actions following reports of discrimination, harassment or abusive language throughout the game.
- Will ensure that facilities and coaching allows individuals to participate fully and maximise their sporting talents.
Further advice on Equality and Diversity can be obtained from: