Next up in our Getting to Know series is Matt Hogg. Matt has been captain of the U19, Student and U23 Nines sides, and is now part of the senior squad. Here are his responses:
1) When was your Scotland debut?
November 2018 in France
2) What has been your best Scotland moment?
Making my debut or winning the shield in the Commonwealth U23 9s
3) Who is the best opposition player you’ve faced?
David Fifita JR
4) What Netflix show do you binge?
At the minute ‘QB1: Beyond the lights’
5) What food is your guilty pleasure?
6) What is your pre-match song?
Touch the sky
7) What piece of advice would you give someone trying to get into Rugby League?
Get involved, stick at it, get fit
8) Which player, past or present, would you most like to play with?
9) What hobby do you want to take up?
10) Who is your funniest Scotland teammate?
I’ll go with Glohe
11) What sport would you play if you weren’t a rugby player?
12) Favourite film?
13) Which stadium do you most want to play at?
14) How are you staying fit during isolation?
I’m rehabbing a broken and dislocated foot at the minute so that’s keeping me busy
15) Haggis or black pudding?
16) Super League or NRL?
17) Who’s your sporting hero?
Probably someone like Jonny Wilkinson
18) Do you have any pre-match rituals/superstitions?
19) Which current Scotland Rugby Union player would you want to see cross codes?
My old mate Blair Kinghorn
20) What advice do you have for people during lockdown?
Do exercise and make a list of the tv programmes/films you want to get through