Next up in our 'Getting to know' series is winger Matty Russell:
1. When was your Scotland debut?
My Scotland debut, was against PNG in a friendly, I then made my full debut against Tonga when we won that game as massive underdogs.
2. What has been your best Scotland moment?
My favourite Scotland moment, is a tough one. I have two. The draw against New Zealand in the 4 nations. Then also the World Cup in 2013 when we beat USA and qualified to the quarter final.
3. Who is the best opposition player you’ve faced?
The best opposition I’ve played would be, Tuivasa-Sheck. He’s powerful fast and fit. He’s relentless round the ruck and has been unplayable at times when we’ve opposed him.
4. What Netflix show do you binge?
I was big on peaky blinders, I love British series.
5. What food is your guilty pleasure?
My food guilty pleasure is five guys/almost famous burgers. I could eat those everyday if I could.
6. What is your pre-match song?
I like abit of old school dance, something to make you feel good and give you a buzz.
7. What piece of advice would you give someone trying to get into Rugby League?
If I had any advice, I’d just say the years fly once your in a rugby league environment. Make the most of your opportunities, as they can come and go.
8. Which player, past or present, would you most like to play with?
I’d love to play with Jermaine McGillvary. As a winger I see the work he does, I think we’d work well together especially in attack.
9. What hobby do you want to take up?
Hobbies, It sounds strange but I like working out away from rugby. It helps my mind relax
10. Who is your funniest Scotland teammate?
Only one man, Lewis Tierney. We’d play pranks on a lot of people. And just have so much laughs in general.
11. What sport would you play if you weren’t a rugby player?
Not really sure, I’m not the best footballer but I’d have a few 5 a side games for some banter and fitness.
12. Favourite film?
I like anything with denzel in, or Tom hardy has a few good ones I like.
13. Which stadium do you most want to play at?
Anz stadium it looks great on tv
14. How are you staying fit during lockdown?
Doing everything I can in the house and garden. Then a run each day, with programmes sent out also from our conditioner.
15. Haggis or black pudding?
16. Super League or NRL?
NRL. I like to watch on tv they have some great athletes
17. Who’s your sporting hero?
Tyson fury, I’ve always liked his daft personality but after everything he’s overcome. He certainly one I admire
18. Do you have any pre-match rituals/superstitions?
Nothing really, I just want to get to the game on time. Traffic on motorways on coaches I can get flustered but that about it.
19. Any lockdown advice?
Do what the guidelines say, make the most with your time with family. Also do something productive while in isolation.