In a new series, captain Dale Ferguson is the first of our players to answer a series of random questions, here are his responses:
1) When was your Scotland debut?
2010 vs Wales in Glasgow
2) What has been your best Scotland moment?
There’s a few. Hard to choose. Draw against NZ. 2013 World Cup, also getting to captain the side
3) Who is the best opposition player you’ve faced?
4) What Netflix show do you binge?
5) What food is your guilty pleasure?
6) What is your pre-match song?
Anything that comes on ?
7) What piece of advice would you give someone trying to get into Rugby League?
The sacrifices you give to rugby league is well worth it when you walk out to a sold out game
8) Which player, past or present, would you most like to play with?
9) What hobby do you want to take up?
10) Who is your funniest Scotland teammate?
11) What sport would you play if you weren’t a Rugby League player?
Rugby Union. I played for my school and chose to join my friends in league
12) Favourite film?
13) Which stadium do you most want to play at?
14) How are you staying fit during isolation?
Biking and body weight stuff in garden with the kids
15) Haggis or black pudding?
16) Super League or NRL?
Super League. Love to watch NRL but Super League is all I’ve known
17) Who’s your sporting hero?
My Dad Kevin, he’s why I started playing
18) Do you have any pre-match rituals/superstitions?
I write my kids names on my wrist. So when it’s getting tough I look and remember why I do it.
19) What advice do you have for people during lockdown?
Use your time wisely!